- Non stick spray, for the grill pan
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, I buy mine at Trader Joe's (2pk)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce (I use Trader Joe's Green Top $1.99)
- 1/2 cup lite shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked spinach or any veggie you like
- (I use frozen spinach and/or the frozen eggplant melange trader joe's )
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. or Briol on high
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill and spray with non-stick olive oil spray
Sprinkle the mushrooms with salt and pepper and place on grill.
Grill until the mushrooms are heated through juicy and tender, about 8-10 minutes per side.
while the mushrooms are cooking, microwave your frozen veggies until cooked
Spread 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Place the grilled mushrooms on top of the marinara and top each with the remaining marinara sauce.
Spoon warm veggies into each mushroom and then sprinkle with the cheese.
Bake until the cheese melts and the top is golden, about 15 minutes. Serve.
I like to serve mine with a side salad. Pictured here is a butter lettuce salad with beets and fat free feta cheese dressed with a light champagne vinaigrette.