Hungry Girl Vanilla Cupcakes!

For those of you that don't know who or what Hungry Girl is, check out her page HERE. I was invited to a HG Potluck which means everyone brings a HG recipe. I love to bake so of course I chose something sweet. I found this recipe in the section Chew on the Right Thing.

I wasn't so sure about the recipe at first but thought why not...after a couple of hours these cupcakes were Darn Good!!!!

Unfortunately I ended up getting sick and wasn't even able to bring my cupcakes to the potluck. Thankfuly a friend came over to help me and she was able to take the little cakes to work today.

 I did however make a couple of changes to this recipe because I don't use "sugar-free" ingredients.


For Frosting (Double Recipe)
1 1/4 cups Cool Whip Free, thawed 
1 1/2 tbsp. Jell-O Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix

For Cupcakes
1 1/2 cups Trader Joes yellow cake mix
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1 cup 7-UP, room temperature
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup liquid egg whites or (about 4) raw egg whites


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

To make the frosting, combine Cool Whip with pudding mix in a bowl, and mix until smooth. I used my Kitchen-Aid and let it mix for about 3 minutes. I then transferred the frosting to a pastry bag and stored in the refrigerate until cupcakes were ready to be frosted.

In a large bowl, combine cake mix with baking powder and stir until free of lumps. Add soda and vanilla extract, and stir or whisk until batter is smooth. Set aside.

In a separate bowl, whip egg whites (at room temperature) with a handheld electric mixer set to medium speed until fluffy. Read Baking 911 egg white tutorial.



Gently fold egg whites into the cake batter until thoroughly combined.

Line 9 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups or spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute batter among the 9 cups. Cups will be VERY full -- this is okay! My batter made 14 Cupcakes

Bake for 15 - 17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out fairly clean. Set aside and allow to cool completely.

Once cupcakes have cooled, top each evenly with the frosting and 1 tsp. sprinkles. Let cupcakes stand for an hour and then Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails